👋👋 How are you doing❓❓
Over the past 40(ish) days since quarantine started, I've talked with thousands of people about how they're feeling mentally and physically.
And without a shadow of a doubt - people are struggling with their mental health FAR more than their physical health - including myself!!
The problem is that when our mental health suffers - everything else does too, and people are feeling it now across many areas!
So I wanted to share 5 strategies I use myself and all my clients - although the application of each is slightly different for each, these can work for you and your loved ones too!
1) EAT WELL - you dont have to be perfect, but add in the good stuff you're missing so you have the micro and macronutrients your metabolism needs to fuel your systems and functions!
2) MEDITATION - modulates our parasympathetic (rest and digest) and sympathetic (fight or flight) nervous systems (ie helps to reduce stress, inflammation, and feelings of depression/anxiety).
3) DAILY EXERCISE - no this isn't crushing yourself everyday. Talking about 15 minutes of purposeful activity per day, like mobility, mindful walk, etc (and then 2-5 workouts per week depending on your goals / abilities / etc)
4) JOIN A COMMUNITY - support system is one of the most crucial components to mental health!!!!! If you aren't a part of a supportive community, please find one asap and join! I would love to have you join us in our new and improved online ALP Community for a FREE 14 day experience (link in bio).
5) POSITIVE SELF TALK - the stories we tell ourselves dictate how we view the world we live in. Whatever we say to ourselves, we're right. So ask yourself when you're speaking with yourself - is this really how I want to feel? Speak to yourself the way you WANT to feel - and have some compassion for the mistakes you may of made!
Of course we could talk for DAYS about this stuff - and we have been almost daily for the past month with our ALP Community Member's in our online community.
But here is a GREAT place to start if you're looking to improve your mental health today, tomorrow, and the rest of your life!!